The following links are provided to websites that have some great information on a variety of topics related to veterinary medicine and poultry health care. We would love to hear your ideas on links that you would like to see us add to this page to share with other poultry owners. Feel free to send us your favorites. If we like them, we will add them to our list!
Pet Poison Helpline
This is the website of the Pet Poison Helpline. It includes a library, links to other sites, and phone numbers for the poison control center.
Anyone who has ever lost a pet should visit this wonderful site. It is a terrific tribute to our lost family members
- Poultry Health Tool (not 100% accurate but handy)
- Ontario Animal Health Network (veterinarians)
- Domestic Poultry Diseases - Sandhill Vet UK
- Backyard chicken basics
- Egg Handling Basics
- YouTube video - applying peepers to prevent pecking
- The Chicken Chick (This lady does her homework!)
- Field Case Study
- Biosecurity for the Birds - How to keep your flock safe!
- Solutions and Treatments for Poultry - Mississippi State University
- How an egg is formed - Auburn University video
- Chicken Embryo Development video - The Poultry Hub
- 4H Poultry Showmanship questions
- Crowing Hens?
- Guide to diagnosis
- Penn State Extension
- The Poultry Site
- AVMA: Know The Legalities For Treating Poultry (veterinarians)
- Infectious Coryza
- Mycoplasma gallisepticum (MG, CRD)
- Mycoplasma synoviae (MS, Infectious Synovitis)
- Real Truth About Chicken
- FDA Approved Animal Drugs
- Oregon State University Poultry Site
- Arkansas Extension Service
- Mississippi State University Poultry Site
- Oregon Tilth (Organic Regulation)
- 4-H Poultry links
- Food Safety News - Salmonella
- USDA Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service
The USDA maintains this website with information on a variety of animal health related topics, including the latest news on such things as Avian Influenza, Exotic Newcastle Disease, Mad Cow Diseases, foot and mouth disease, and many other things.
- West Nile Virus
This site is maintained by the Centers for Disease Control in Atlanta, and has the latest information on the spread of West Nile Virus in the US, as well as information on disease transmission, symptoms, etc.